Saturday, January 21, 2017

Let's Study Together!

Hello Friends,

As many of you know, I have been a part of the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies since March 2013. Those Bible Studies have changed my life. They have drawn me closer to Jesus and have given me friends I never would have found. I am so thankful for all aspects of Proverb 31 Ministries.

Today I sit in my living room excited, yet apprehensive as I make a new plan and a new commitment to Jesus and to you. I believe it is time for me to begin sharing what God is teaching me through the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies (P31OBS) here on my blog. This Monday, January 23, 2017 P31OBS begins a new study, Finding I AM by Lysa TerKeurst. My hope is to post my insights of each week’s study on Thursday, starting January 26, 2017. I would love for you to join me as we journey through #FindingIAM!

Not only can you find out what I am learning during the #FindingIAM study, but you can join in the study for yourself. Just click here to sign up! You can find the book, Finding I AM by Lysa TerKeurst at the Proverbs 31 Bookstore, Lifeway, and on Amazon.

I know I said we would get started Monday, but I have a little surprise for you. Take a look at the P31OBS blog, you will find a bonus post there! This post is a little intro to the study. There you will find the first video from Lysa TerKeurst. You don’t want to miss this one! By the way, the videos will only be available to the public through March 10. In this video Lysa gives us some background into the 7 I AM’s in the Gospel of John. Many of us know the origin of I AM in Exodus 3, but Lysa gives us some historical and practical information on what is going with Moses during this time. One thing I learned was that Mount Horeb is also called Mount Sinai. Wow! So take a look at this:
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God (Emphasis added)
Exodus 3:1 [NIV]
Then check this out:
And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” (Emphasis added)
Exodus 3:12 [NIV]
That means Moses was hanging out, taking care of the sheep by Mt. Horeb. He talks to the burning bush, and God says, (paraphrasing) "Hey Moses, go get the people out of Egypt, then bring them back here to THIS mountain to worship Me!" Then later on He gives Moses the 10 Commandments right there on that same mountain! Did you realize God brought Moses and the Israelites right back to the same mountain where the burning bush had been? I didn't. Cool Stuff!!!

Lysa then goes on to talk about the 7 I AM’s that we will be studying. I can’t wait to get started! Again I hope you will join me!

See you Thursday!

Living in Grace,
Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment